Boylan’s Visual Art’s Program aims to stimulate and guide students in their total self-development and growth. Through art, the aim is to help students acquire and use both knowledge and skills toward the goal of personal growth in many aspects: cognitive, perceptual, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and fine motor development.
Acknowledging a wide range of student personalities and abilities, the Visual Arts Program strives to provide a variety of experiences in varied media to facilitate self-expression, artistic development, and increased self-esteem through the production of artworks.
Visual Arts students at Boylan have the opportunity to participate in:
- Four years of art curriculum including AP and graphic design courses
- Monthly Art Club activities
- Field trips
- Boylan’s Fine Arts Fair
- Mosaic, a Boylan-published anthology of student literacy and visual arts
- Community events including Stroll on State, snow sculpting competition, and local murals
- Local and regional art shows including those hosted by Rock Valley College苹果彩票pg11, Northern Illinois University, and the Rockford Art Museum
- Presentations from college art departments
- Art internship